Well, that was fun! A big thank you to everyone who gave generously again this year. If you joined us for the evening, I hope you laughed a lot and enjoyed the company of good friends and family. If you could not make it, we hope to see you next time!
A few highlights:
- Thanks to the kindness and generosity of Don and Karen Lang we raised a whopping $22,000.00 for two weeks at their stunning home in San Miguel. Don was a great sport, adding on a second week in the heat of the auction bidding
- Neil Crone shared his successful battle with colon cancer, giving us all hope that early screening really can make a difference
- Derek Edwards was hilarious...his humour really fit with our crowd
- We raised over $60,000.00 for our cause...a success by anyone's standards given the economy
- We shared stories and remembered Don and all our loved ones who have lost their lives to cancer
You will be receiving your tax receipt from The Toronto Community Foundation for the maximum allowable amount in the next few weeks.
As 2009 draws to a close I am ever mindful of the blessings of wonderful family and friends. You have been truly remarkable in your support of our fight against colon cancer.
Until we meet again I hope that you keep well and laugh often.
Photos from this years event(Click thumbnails to enlarge)